I recently been probing the ancient pre-Socratic pedigree of a Neoplatonic magic, also known as theurgy, or “god-working.” In his work, Ancient Philosophy, Mystery, and Magic, Peter Kingsley gives a few traits of theurgy that have roots in the magic allegedly practiced by the pre-Socratic philosopher Empedocles. The traits are as follows:
- Control over the weather.
- Visions of gods in a glass, mirror, or by some other means.
- The use of magic amulets and symbols.
- The obtainment of immortality via magic after a process of death and rebirt
It is interesting to see how modern technology has the same traits.
- Weather modification via chem trails, cloud seeding, etc.
- Virtual reality, television, the internet, and AI.
- The proliferation of occult symbols in pop culture.
- The drive for immortality and the possible of resuscitation via cryogenic freezing
It is almost as if there is a 3000 year+ old occult tradition that has now finally broken free from the restrains of Christianity…