One of the odd claims of the modern New Age movement is that they are recovering an ancient unified religion. This also is one of the claims of hermeticists and masons and is one of the goals of the ecumenical movement. What is interesting is that the Syrian Neoplatonist Iamblichus also believed in this ancient religion as did Plato who expounds upon it in his Timaeus. This religion seems to have the following qualities.
- A supreme father God that is worshiped under a variety of names.
- A mother goddess who is worshiped under a variety of names.
- However, at the same time, there is some understanding that humans can reach Godhead and either equal or become part of the supreme God.
- Avatars or prophets who come and present an exoteric teaching for the masses and estoteric doctrine for the “illumined ones.” Jesus is one of these avatars in Islam, Mormonism, Hinduism (after the 19th century), and the New Age movement, as well as the new Arian Christianity of the Vatican II Church.
- A divide between a master class (the illumined ones, the ubermensch, etc.) or race (i.e., Nordics, colored people, Jews, etc.) and the common people who are animals and slaves. This divide is covered over by a duplicitous exoteric teaching of equality.
- A totalitarian world state.
- The paradoxical worship of technology as well as naturalism (especially for the masses who are more animal like).
- A brutal and sadistic violence masked by the exoteric doctrine of kindness and humanism.
- Sexual degeneracy as sex magic and a means of enlightenment.
This teaching survived in the West in gnostic and manichean sects, Talmudic Judaism, Islam, cells with in the Catholic Church as well as among the Byzantine and Eastern “Orthodox,” as well as in folk traditions and classical myths.
It is my view that this is the religion into which Pope Francis is steering us. I strongly believe, based on some evidence and rumors, that Pope Francis will introduce a new rite sprung from the Novus Ordo that will be an ecumenical rite that will accelerate the return of this new world religion.